Hendricks Avenue Elementary is a special school in the heart of Jacksonville, Florida. With a winning combination of wonderful teachers, staff and families, students receive an education that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Our active PTA supports the school with special events, enrichment programs and volunteerism. None of these efforts would be possible without your membership and support. Join today and become a partner in your child’s education.
Our A-rated school boasts a high standard of excellence that is made possible by dedicated teachers and staff, as well as your PTA membership.
As part of the Hendricks Avenue PTA, you will join with others as we organize and implement valuable academic enrichment opportunities that could not happen without your volunteer efforts and financial support. Take the first step in helping your child succeed and join PTA today—together we can make things happen!
Join Now »
Every person who joins a local PTA automatically becomes a member of both the state and national PTAs. Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and a nurturing environment for every child.
PTA Vision: What the future will look like if PTA accomplishes its mission.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
PTA Mission: The overall purpose of PTA
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
PTA Values: What PTA stands for
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.